Custom Search

Monday, October 6, 2008

Have you been to Fort Santiago lately?


I went there last Saturday to take some photos which I thought would only take me about 30 minutes max as I have already mapped out in my mind the things I was going to take pictures of. I've been there many times before, so I have a pretty good idea of the place... or so I thought.

It's been, I think, more than two years since I last went there. Although the place has remained pretty much the same, I saw enough "new" things that my planned 30-minute visit became a 2-hour photoshoot.

So, what's new? Well...

A tunnel situated just after the row of tunnels-turned-offices/shops/galleries near the entrance that used to be inaccessible (at least from Fort Santiago) is now open.


Then, there's a new(?) statue of Rizal on the lawn near the Rizal Shrine.


And, there's an exhibit of Rizaliana furniture held by the National Historical Institute (NHI) at the Baluarte de Santa Barbara (10 pesos entrance fee).


But what really got me staying for two hours was the change of rules! They now allow non-flash photography inside the Rizal Shrine!


So, I tried all the best that I can at taking pictures of the dimly-lit halls and exhibits with my shaky hands... how I wish I had a better camera... sigh...

Anyway, you may want to go there before the 1st of November because they're going to increase the entrance fee by then (from 50 pesos to 70 pesos for adults... I can't remember the price for students).

Comments:

blog comments powered by Disqus
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online