Custom Search

Friday, October 10, 2008

The Scariest Place on the Web... It May Have You Pissing in Your Pants

Since Halloween is just around the corner, as if we celebrate Halloween here…

Okay, let me rephrase that…

Since All Saints Day is just around the corner, I’m gonna post something for all you horror movies and ghost stories fans out there.

An officemate (Ry) recommended this website to me:


Note: This is not a paid post! I am posting this because I’ve personally tried it and had one of the most terrifying moments I’ve had in my entire life. And, I personally want YOU to try it out.

Before you head on there, make sure that you have the Flash plug-in installed on your browser. Also, to be able to “enjoy” it, you need to have a relatively fast internet connection as the site is quite graphic intensive (technically, figuratively, and literally speaking). If you’ve got all that checked out, then, prepare yourself.

Now, the website may only be viewed between the hours of 6:00 pm to 6:00 am. But, don’t fret, there’s a workaround to it if you want to visit the site at any time during the day. All you have to do is to change the time on your computer’s clock (for Windows, it’s the clock on your taskbar) to any time within the “allowed” visiting hours.

Once you get to the site, you will be asked to register. As I’ve found out, you may enter bogus information for that, including email, as the registration doesn’t go through any account validation process.

By the way, according to the “Privacy Policy” of the site, it is operated on behalf of Frito-Lay North America, Inc. (“Frito-Lay”). So, I guess, that makes the site a pretty safe one to visit. Nevertheless, just to be sure, THAT is what I would recommend you to do. But DO take note of the “email” and the “password” you will be using as you’ll be needing those to “check-in” at the “hotel” later.

Also, in the registration process, you will be asked to turn on your microphone and webcam. This is not required and you can opt out for that by leaving the tick box labeled “Enable Webcam and Mic” unchecked. I haven’t tried activating my webcam and mic, so I don’t know what those can add to the experience (though I think I have a pretty good guess as to what they are for, but I will not mention it here for fear that I’ll be spoiling it for everyone).


Oh, before I forget, you do have to accept the terms and conditions of the site before you’ll be allowed to proceed. Do so by clicking on the tick box labeled “Accept Terms”. If you want to read all of the site’s terms and conditions first, just click on the link that says “view”.

By the way (and this is a MUST)… turn on your speakers (or plug in your earphones).

What happens next I’ll leave you to discover on your own.

The only warning I could give you is that if you’re easily scared, if you are unable to get any sleep after watching horror flicks or listening to ghost stories, or if you’re terribly terrified of the supernatural, then DO NOT go there.

But if you think you’re gutsy enough and you’re up for some hair-raising and heart pounding “fun” then go and get yourself a room at Hotel 626. NOW!

Just a tip (since you are given no instructions as to what you have to do aside from the textual clues shown on screen during loading), as you go down the corridor, approaching what seems to be a huge moving shadow at the far end, look for a door on the right that has a different color and click on it… just keep on clicking on it until it opens.

Comments:

blog comments powered by Disqus
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online