Custom Search

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Ambigrams

Since I first saw John Langdon’s ambigrams in Dan Brown’s book Angels and Demons, I have been inspired to do some of my own designs. I had been able to make quite a few though, admittedly, they were nowhere near as good as Mr. Langdon’s works which doesn’t really bother me at all (he’s an expert, I’m just starting out… ‘nuff said). What bothers me is that whenever I would attempt making one for myself, I would always get frustrated as I can’t seem to make it work with my name.

Until now...

After writing that post on the upcoming Angels and Demons movie, I was inspired to work on one again.

After spending about more than an hour doodling on paper, and a couple of hours more in replicating my design on the computer, here are what I ended up with…



... symmetrical rotational ambigrams which will read the same when rotated 180 degrees.

I am not so sure if I’m gonna stop with these, though.

I can see my name clearly in both of these but, hey, they’re my own designs and it’s my name. It would be stupid of me to not be able to understand my own work, wouldn’t it?


Sigh...

Comments:

blog comments powered by Disqus
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online