Custom Search

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I'm Not an Animal Person

Have you ever laughed hysterically at something which others around you don’t find at all amusing?

I have… a great example would be when an officemate told me years ago about someone putting his/her dog inside a microwave oven to dry it up after giving it a bath. Well, the story ends with the dog exploding inside the microwave oven.

I thought it was so darn funny until I found out that it was most likely a made up story, a myth which has been going around in the States (and perhaps in some other countries), and one that has been “busted” in a Mythbusters episode (which eventually took the novelty of the story away from me).

Almost everybody I told the story to reacted angrily at the person who supposedly did it, commenting violently at the dim-witted creep. I, on the other hand, as I’ve already mentioned, just thought it was really funny.

I’m not an animal person, though I’ve never maltreated any creature with four legs or less… okay, let me put a qualifier there… I have never maltreated any creature for fun. Why I do it is either to prepare the poor creature for the dinner table or to keep our house as pest-free as possible.

However, I think I have mentioned in an entry before that, although I'm not an animal person, I am quite fascinated with wild animals, especially the large species... big cats, pachyderms, reptiles... basically those that can cause carnage or serious damage.

Anyway, I found this really funny story on The West Virginia Blogger’s Blog:

How To Properly Clean Your Toilet
  1. Put both lids of the toilet up and add 1/8 cup of pet shampoo to the water in the bowl.
  2. Pick up the cat and soothe him while you carry him towards the bathroom.
  3. In one smooth movement, put the cat in the toilet and close both lids. You may need to stand on the lid.
  4. The cat will self agitate and make ample suds. Never mind the noises that come from the toilet, the cat is actually enjoying this.
  5. Flush the toilet three or four times. This provides a “power-wash” and rinse”.
  6. Have someone open the front door of your home. Be sure that there are no people between the bathroom and the front door.
  7. Stand behind the toilet as far as you can, and quickly lift both lids.
  8. The cat will rocket out of the toilet, streak through the bathroom, and run outside where it will dry itself off.
  9. Both the commode and the cat will be sparkling clean.

Comments:

blog comments powered by Disqus
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online