Custom Search

Monday, November 3, 2008

Patola!

Been a loooooong while since I last saw a local movie… as a matter of fact, it’s been so long ago that I’ve already forgotten what it was.

From the first time I saw the trailer, I knew I’ve just got to see it. I don’t know why, but I felt that I REALLY have got to see it. And I’m happy I did… even though the ending was pretty lame.

For the most part, it was very much enjoyable… the comedic scenes were quite effective (some were corny but, nevertheless, they were able to put a smile on my face at the very least)… the dramatic parts were also quite good.

I guess you can call it a “feel-good” flick… but then again, what happened in the end doesn’t really make for a happy ending (in the general sense). As I’ve already mentioned, the ending was pretty lame… I saw it as an “easy way out” for the story/writer which, if not done the way it was done, would otherwise make the movie a very depressing one (which, in my opinion, would have made the movie far better and more effective).

Oh, I almost forgot… the movie is “My Only U” starring Toni Gonzaga and Vhong Navarro.

Verdict… four stars out of five. One-word description, cute. :P

Comments:

blog comments powered by Disqus
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online