Custom Search

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Jack's Loft

In celebration of my wife’s birthday last Tuesday, November 4, we decided to have our dinner at Jack’s Loft in SM North EDSA’s “The Block”. We got there at around 8:30 pm, just in time for a “last order”.


I went for their Philly Cheese Steak and she had their Steak & Mushroom Gravy (these are sandwiches, by the way). For our drink, we ordered one Fishbowl Ice Tea (I didn’t know why it was called that when we ordered for it, but my wife did but did not tell me). Our son (who was still full from eating a Red Ribbon empanada) just had a few bites from both of our plates.

Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich
and the humongous "Fishbowl" Iced Tea


Boy, was I surprised when I saw how big that glass of iced tea was! It was the first time I saw any drink served in a glass as big as that! Sadly, our camera acted up again, much worse than it ever did that it didn’t allow me to take nice pictures of anything. Anyway, I told my friend, Arnel, about it yesterday and he mentioned he’d seen those things being served at some resto in Greenhills (though he can’t remember which resto it was or whether it was really in Greenhills), but the ones he’d seen were served in real fishbowls.


Anyway, I can only make a very rough estimation on the volume of iced tea the gargantuan glass contained which I’m putting at around a liter (or probably less than that since about a third of the glass was filled with tube ice). As for the taste, well, all I can say is it was not “typical” and it was pretty nice.

As for the food, I loved the Philly Cheese Steak! Yuuuummy! The Steak & Mushroom Gravy was nice also but, in my opinion, it wasn’t as good as the other one… it lacked the “play of flavor” that I found very much enjoyable and satisfying in the Philly.

Philly Cheese Steak Sandwish: P188.00
Steak & Mushroom Gravy: P168.00
Fishbowl Ice Tea: P112.00

Comments:

blog comments powered by Disqus
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online