Custom Search

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My Favorite Poem...

I can't remember when I first read this poem, all I know is that it was very long ago and it became an instant favorite.

But no matter how much I love it, I seem incapable of putting it into practice... there's just so many things to consider.

There had been a few times, but I believe I should do it more.

For some reason, I was suddenly reminded over the weekend of a video/advertisement I saw on CNN years ago, at a time when I was still slaving over plates and stuff... a time when I LISTENED to the TV more than I watched it. I was very much up-to-date with the happenings in the world then.

I witnessed so many things as they unfolded through live coverages of the two cable news giants...

The S.W.A.T. team discovering Cunanan's lifeless body inside a boat house, he apparently committed suicide to avoid being arrested for murdering Versace...

The Hong Kong handover...

9/11...

Ok, I'm very much off-topic now...

Going back to the poem, it's Robert Frost's "Road Not Taken". And here's the video/ad I mentioned about earlier... I don't think it can be read/recited any better than this!



By the way, the guy in the video is Alan Bates, a British actor. Got the video from YouTube. I decided it best to snatch the video and upload a copy of it in my own account. I've seen videos disappearing over time, and I don't want to lose this one.

Comments:

blog comments powered by Disqus
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online