Custom Search

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

An Inexplicable Excitement

It’s rather disheartening for me to read/hear about our moods/emotions being caused by lack or excess of certain neurochemicals in our system, hormonal imbalances, or being the results of activity (or lack thereof) of specific parts of our brain.

I would rather have emotions to be just that… emotions, feelings aroused by experiences or reactions effected by circumstances... not something caused by over-reactive glands and such.

And when I’m feeling upbeat for no apparent reason, I’d rather take it as a “sign” that something very pleasant is coming my way.

Like now…

I have a few things to be excited about right now, the nearest of which could happen this coming Friday (and Saturday, if it DOES happen on Friday). After that, I still have (at the very least) three more things to look forward to before this year ends.

But, then again, none of those are definite events as far as my personal involvement is concerned. They WILL happen, that’s for sure, but not necessarily with me around.

Somehow, I’m feeling really upbeat (not to mention pretty restless) about something, but I can’t really figure out what it is. And the excitement I’m feeling right now is not like the excitement I usually feel whenever I’m in anticipation of something I really like, like an upcoming trip to the province or a soon-to-arrive letter/mail.

Contrary to what the fields of science and medicine are saying about this, I think something good’s coming my way… I can feel it in my stomach.

I’ll probably come back and edit this as the days unfold…

Dates of note:
December 5, 2008
December 6, 2008
December 15, 2008
Any day before Christmas (may happen any time)

Merry Christmas to me?

Comments:

blog comments powered by Disqus
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online