Custom Search

Friday, December 12, 2008

Consumer Alert! Do Not Be Fooled!

Last Sunday, while buying some stuff at ACE Hardware (SM West Branch), we were presented with this product by one of ACE's sales people.



He did the talk... saying that it's very safe, that there were no poisons involved, yada yada... then he told us that it comes with a two-month trial period. If it doesn't work within that period, we can return it at any ACE Hardware branch.

Since we have quite a number of "non-paying-tenants" in our house, we decided to give it a try.

Well, it had been plugged in since last Sunday night and almost every night thereafter we still saw mice and roaches loitering and scampering all over the place... even near the device which is supposed to be driving them away.

On the backside of the box that the device came in is a warning that states:

"Not suitable for use with the following 5 pets: hamsters, gerbils, guinea pigs, tarantulas, and chinchillas."

Also printed there is this claim:

"Pest Shield from JML creates an invisible forcefield in your home which eliminates rats, mice, and cockroaches instantly and humanely."



Well... I don't see any eliminating happening.

Tonight, on my way home, I passed by a pet shop that happens to sell white mice. And, yes, I bought one just to get solid proof that it DOESN'T WORK.

So, I put the mouse I bought in a milk can and placed it very near the device... unsurprisingly, it didn't seem to be affected at all.


Take a look at this video and judge for yourself.



If it "uses a specially designed microchip which emanates a harmless signal that interferes with the nervous system of pests", the mouse should at least be behaving quite strangely... maybe bite its own tail or run around in circles or something, I don't know.

By the way, the flickering of the video is NOT caused in any way by the device, take my word for it. My camera, as I've mentioned a few times in the past on this and my other blog, is already malfunctioning.

Anyway, her's my final verdict...

Eliminate pests it DEFINITELY DOES NOT... and, for that, HUMANE it truly is!

Comments:

blog comments powered by Disqus
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online