Custom Search

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A Little Experiment

After I posted my previous entry, my friend NelMan gave me an idea to play around with those rating widgets to see how “intelligent” they are (just for the fun of it).

So, here’s what I did…

I composed two nonsense-filled entries, one intended for the “Reading Level” test and another for the “Rating” and “Cuss-O-Meter” tests. I temporarily posted them on here and copied and pasted their URLs to the tests.

First up… the “Reading Level” test.

This is what I’ve posted for this:

The letter A is the first letter in the alphabet. The English alphabet has 26 letters. Letter A is followed by letter B, which in turn is followed by letter C. “C” is for “cat”. Now I know my A-B-C, next time I’ll try counting… one… two… three…

Sunny day, sweeping the clouds away, on my way to where the air is sweet. Can you tell me how to get, how to get to Sesame Street?

Come and play, everything's A-okay. Friendly neighbors there, that's where we meet. Can you tell me how to get, how to get to Sesame Street?


To my great surprise, this is what I got:

blog readability test



Next, the “Rating” and “Cuss-O-Meter” tests.

This is what I’ve posted for these:

The complete form of “cock” is “cockerel”. A cock (or cockerel) is a male chicken, otherwise referred to as a rooster.

I’ve seen pussy cats chase cocks, as well as hens for that matter, countless times. However, I have yet to see any chicken getting killed by pussy cats.

Speaking of pussy cats, I hate it when they rub themselves against my legs.

Anyway, donkeys are also called asses. On the other hand, the word “ass” can be used to refer to a fool.

Anybody knows why boobie traps are called boobie traps?

An upper cut is a type of punch in which a person drives his fist up under his opponent’s chin.

Cum is Latin for 'with'. It is used to denote rights and entitlements that come with a share at the time it is bought.

Is it better to say “take pictures” than “shoot photos”?

I’ll always prefer Elmer’s glue over glue sticks and glue guns.

The word booty can be used to refer to captives or cattle or objects of value taken in war OR an unexplored ("virgin") cave.


The results…

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
This rating was determined based on the presence of the following words:

* pussy (6x)
* cock (4x)
* hell (2x) <-- Hmmm...
*
gun (1x)

... and...

The Blog-O-Cuss Meter - Do you cuss a lot in your blog or website?

Guess I can still keep my cuss-free record! Hahaha!

***

I think I know now where the word "hell" came from...

It seems that even if I entered a specific post's URL for testing, these things still scoured my blog in its entirety... VERY CLEVER. :)

So, for the subject of these things being accurate and credible... I say its PLAUSIBLE
(that is with the exception of the "Rating" test... I suppose you know why).

Case closed.

Comments:

blog comments powered by Disqus
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online