Custom Search

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

How I Wish I Could Have Caught This on Tape

Kids cry. Naturally. Some kids cry adorably, while some... well... annoyingly.

This afternoon, while working on something, my wife heard our three-and-a-half year old son, Magnus (who was at a neighbor's house playing with some kids), cry the annoying type of cry (yeah, the one that sounds like a broken fire engine siren ). Since he was with our trusted helper who's been very good at taking care of him, and knowing that he can at times be quite an actor, my wife didn't pay it much attention.

When the duo came back home a couple of hours later, my wife asked our helper why he cried. Turns out, the kids, including our son, were playing with this one ball and Magnus wanted to keep the ball for himself.

After giving Magnus a lecture on sharing and telling him that the ball wasn't his, my wife told him: "I don't like to hear you cry like that... don't do that again, okay? Only babies cry like that."

"I'm not a baby..." he said, "I'm Magnus."

"Yes, you're not a baby anymore..." my wife stressed, "...that's why you shouldn't cry like that. You're a big boy now."

"I'm not a big boy, I'm a small boy... I can't reach, see?"

Comments:

blog comments powered by Disqus
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online