Custom Search

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Busting Moon Landing Myths/Hoax Claims (The Mythbusters Way)


Just read this on Yahoo News today… “TV's 'Mythbusters' Tackle Moon Landing Hoax Claims”…

This I got to see!!!

I’ve been a big fan of the Mythbusters since the first time I saw it on TV.

I only get to watch about three hours’ worth of TV every week nowadays, and a third of it is spent on watching Jamie, Adam, Tory, Grant, sexy (and pretty) brainiac Kari, and “Buster” bust myths. Going beyond my usual three hours of TV watching would only mean that I had been watching reruns of the show.

Mythbusters, for me, is Total Entertainment! It’s the best (if not the only) educational comedy show there is! I can’t think of an episode that didn’t make me laugh or snicker at some point.

Some of my favorites include:

“Who gets wetter?” – Do you get less wet if you run in the rain as compared to walking in the rain? I was not (and still am not) convinced of the results they got for this one. The reason why I liked this a lot is because it has challenged me to make my own “experiments” on this issue. I’m still working on it though…

Cell Phone Destruction – Lesson learned, Cell Phones DO NOT and CANNOT cause fire or explosions in gas stations! Side note: Adam lost his arm hair, some hair from his head, and one of his eyebrows working on this one!

Episode 9: Chicken Gun, Octopus Egg Pregnancy, Killer Washing Machine – One of the episodes that had me laughing until my stomach ached.

Trombone Explosion – Another hilarious one.

Jet Taxi – Simply AWESOME!!! Driving your car past across the rear end of a plane that’s taking off can send your car flying! This has happened several times in Brazil, believe it or not.

Archimedes Death Ray – VERY INTERESTING! Nuff said.

Elevator of death – I had been pondering on this for quite some time until the Mythbusters crew gave me the answer. I was wondering if I were in an elevator and the elevator would suddenly go into a free fall, will I be able to save my life if I were to jump up moments before the elevator hits the ground? Short and quick answer… NO!

Cooling a Six-Pack – Never thought you can cool a can (or several cans) of beer (or any beverage for that matter, I guess) in less than 5 minutes!

Breaking Glass – yes, it is possible, and it has been caught on tape… a person breaking a glass with his voice!

Shredded Plane – Lesson learned: it’s possible to shred an airplane with the propeller of another plane.

Exploding Pants – Very funny!

Mentos and Soda – Lesson learned, do not put Mentos and soda in your mouth at the same time. I’m still looking for somebody to play this joke on.

Earthquake Machine – Very very interesting!

I’ve got a whole lot more favorites, but I can’t see the significance in mentioning every one of them here. Though, I’d like to mention a couple more which I think are among the most interesting experiments they’ve done so far…

Elephants are indeed scared of mice, and
Putting in tons of explosives inside the revolving barrel of a cement mixer (truck) can vaporize the truck.

Now, the lunar landing. Yes, I’ve read about the hoax claims… and I want to see how they will prove or disprove them.

The Yahoo News article says “The Mythbusters 'NASA Moon Landing Hoax' episode debuts August 27 at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT on the Discovery Channel.” I’ve got to find out when it’s gonna be aired here… I just gotta!

Haven’t seen the Mythbusters? Try watching it once… you may just get hooked on it. It airs at 10:00 pm every Thursday here on the Discovery Channel (don’t know about reruns though).

---Oh my God! They killed Buster! You bastard!---

Comments:

blog comments powered by Disqus
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online