Custom Search

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Shell-Ferrari Toy Cars 2007

Here they are once again… the Shell-Ferrari toy cars! I’ve got already four of them (Enzo, Super America, F50, and F430), two more to go. The Spider, I think, will be rather easy to obtain. But the Formula 1 has proven to be very elusive that I’m already beginning to have a bad feeling that I will not be able to get that one until the promo ends on December 31st. I’ve been to three stations already and every time I ask if the toys were available, the first thing they mentioned that’s not available is the Formula 1.

These toys seem to be selling really fast. Last Friday night when I went to a Shell station to gas up, I asked the attendant which of the toys were available. She told me that they had everything but the F1. So, having only filled up with PhP500 worth, I opted for an Enzo (you’re only allowed to buy one toy for every PhP500 purchase).

I went back to the same station the morning of the following day to buy more. But before I even got close to the pump and before I can even say anything, an attendant approached me and told me “We don’t have any of the toys anymore, Sir.” So, what I did was I thanked the attendant and told him very politely and embarrassingly that I’d just go to another station. It was quite funny and I truly and genuinely appreciated his show of concern.

Anyway, the toys look great! Though, by how they look, I think they’re made of plastic. I’ve never opened any of them because I’m intending to keep them until my son is old enough to know the value of antiques. By which time he will not dare open them also and pass them on to his son/daughter when they’re old enough to know the value of antiques. And so on. Just imagine how much they could sell for by that time. Have you heard of the car-shaped Cookie Tin from the 1920s (with original contents, yes, the cookies are still inside) that was sold for US$32,000 just recently? I wonder how much a Fita biscuit tin (from the 80s with the biscuits still inside) would sell for after a hundred years.


The US$32,000 Cookie Tin from the 1920s


The US$32,000 Cookie Tin from the 1920s



SuperAmerica


Ferrari SuperAmerica


Ferrari F430


Ferrari F430



Enzo Ferrari


Enzo Ferrari



Ferrari F50


Ferrari F50



The Back Side of the Packaging


The Back Side of the Packaging of the Shell-Ferrari Toy Cars

They’re made under the Hot Wheels brand and they’re made in China which gives me another reason for not opening them. They might contain dangerous amounts of lead. Hahaha! The details are quite good and they’re made quite nicely. To add to the “wow” factor, there’s a holographic sticker stuck on the back of the packaging that says “Ferrari Official Product”. The only thing I’m clueless about is the “Two-speed” thing that’s printed on the packaging. If there’s anyone out there who has played with these, please don’t hesitate to tell me about it.


hologram sticker at the backside of the packaging of the Shell-Ferrari toy cars
It saddens me that I wasn’t able to get any of the cars from the Classico Collezione which Shell offered a few years ago. I believe those were die-cast metal. Though I was able to get two of the larger (1:16?) scaled F50s and one Formula 1, all of them still sitting sadly (happy for me) inside their boxes.

Comments:

blog comments powered by Disqus
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online