Custom Search

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Giving The Secret A Try

The SecretI got to watch “The Secret” a couple of months ago. Honestly, I think it’s full of bull crap. But then again, living in this time and age where you cannot believe in just anything (not even those that you can perceive with any of your senses), it’s probably just normal for me to think of it that way. Another thing, I was never a fan of self-help stuff.

I’ve been thinking though, it probably wouldn’t hurt me if I give it a try, as long as I don’t make my life depend on it. Right?

In the video, there’s this person who said that he used to cut out pictures (from magazines, etc.) of things that he wanted to have and stuck them onto a corkboard or something which hung on a wall in his office. Everyday, he said, he would look at those pictures and wish… no, I think “BELIEVE” was the word he used… so, everyday, he would spend a few minutes looking at those pictures, BELIEVING that he will have them someday. Several years later, when he was unpacking boxes at his newly bought home, his son saw the corkboard with the pictures on it. When his son asked him what it was, he started to cry because he suddenly realized that the house they had just moved into is exactly the one pictured in one of the cut-outs he had stuck on the board! Amazing! (I’m writing this from what I can best remember so far from what I saw on the video, so this may not be accurate. But I think it’s pretty close.)

Then there’s this thing about a cousin of mine who have seen the video also. Jokingly, she and her friend wished… no, BELIEVED that they would get a free trip to Manila. I don’t know exactly how it happened, but they did! They got two free round trip tickets and free accommodations! Can you believe that?!

So, as I was saying, I won’t lose anything if I try it out. It’s not like I’m going to wish for something which my life direly depends on.

So, here goes… I’ll try the route of the person with the corkboard. But instead of a corkboard, I’m going to use blogspot. And instead of cutting out pictures from magazines, I’ll just grab some photos from the web and post them here.

Samsung LN-T4665F LCD TV

Samsung LN-T4665F LCD TV
CANON-EOS-1D
CANON-EOS-1D
Canon F-Series Lenses

Canon F-Series Lenses
Canon-XL-H1 HD Camcorder
Canon-XL-H1 HD Camcorder

Canon-6x-zoom-XL for the canon-XL-H1 HD Camcorder
Canon-6x-zoom-XL for the canon-XL-H1 HD Camcorder
Canon Speedlite 580EX II Flash
Canon Speedlite 580EX II Flash
Wacom Cintiq 21UX

Wacom Cintiq 21UX


Optimus Prime (Leader Class)

Optimus Prime (Leader Class)


Ultimate Bumblebee

Ultimate Bumblebee
Xbox 360 with extras

Xbox 360 with extras

LG Super Blu player, model BH200

LG Super Blu player, model BH200


Ipod Video

Ipod Video
I’ll stop there for now. I’ll probably have a second part on this as I haven’t picked out which audio system components I want among so many other things.

I’ll definitely inform you right away once I get my hands on any of these. By the way, I believe... I believe... I believe...

Comments:

blog comments powered by Disqus
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online