Custom Search

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Goodbye photoshoptalent.com (PST)

I'm very disappointed to find out this morning that one of my favorite websites has gone kaput. At first I thought its owner had become a victim of the worlwide economic crisis and had to give up his site.

However, that was not the case.

As he pointed out in his explanation dated June 9, 2009:

"To my deepest regret I have to inform you that the PST server had a major hardware failure and everything on the hard drive was wiped."

To keep a long story short, because of that, he had to redo the entire site from scratch and decided to give it a new name, pxleyes.com.

The good thing is MisterMonty and his wonderful site (despite the new name) is still around... and it looks like he's going to be around for a long time.

The sad thing is, all the points/credits I've accumulated before are now gone. Likewise, two of my tutorials were also wiped out.

What's sadder is that there are those who've posted at least one of my tutorials on their sites (particularly my "How to Make a Realistic LCD HDTV in Photoshop" tutorial) and claimed it as their own.

Unfortunately for them, they posted the tutorial with the images/screen captures still referenced to photoshoptalent.com. And since photoshoptalent is now gone, so are the screen captures on their sites.

Check these out...




Here are portions of their source codes...
Anyway, because of this, I've decided to post those tutorials here on my blog (give me a few days for that). I didn't do that before out of my respect for MisterMonty and his photoshoptalent.com site. Anyway, I will also be sending the tutorials again to MisterMonty so that he'll be able to put them back up on his new site (that is if he still wants them).

Goodbye photoshoptalent... Long live pxleyes!!!

Comments:

blog comments powered by Disqus
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online