Custom Search

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Angels & Demons... the Verdict...


Everyone I know who's seen both Da Vinci and Angels has been telling me that Angels is a better movie than Da Vinci (which I've been hoping will be the case). But, I kept my expectations at bay for fear of getting disappointed come the time I would go and see it...

And saw it we did, my wife and I, yesterday, at Trinoma. Well, I couldn't agree more that it is (by far) a lot better than Da Vinci, despite the slight changes in the story.

The musical score, the cinematography, the effects... all very nice. The acting was pretty good too, though I got a bit bothered by Ewan's... I don't know, he seemed a bit stiff and unnatural.

The catchphrases were pretty good (IMO)... as a matter of fact I got a couple stuck on my mind (though they may not be 100% correct):

"If you're going to write about us, and surely you will write about us... be gentle."

"Religion is flawed, and that's because MEN are flawed..."

I'm giving it 4 out of 5 stars.

By the way, does anybody know why they changed the fifth brand/ambigram???

Comments:

blog comments powered by Disqus
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online